Portraits of Ordinary Objects

The goal of this assignment was to take two pictures of ordinary objects in our homes and photograph them in a way they haven't been seen ordinarily.  I think the hardest part of this project was using my phone instead of my camera, as I can't focus the phone the same way I would my camera.  However, I think I did a great job with the phone as opposed to a camera, which is what I'm used to.   In the first picture, I used the rule of thirds, with the pen being in the right third of the picture.  I also made the background a little blurry, so that the eye would focus on the pen.  In the second picture, I used leading lines with the piano keys.  I also made the picture black and white because I thought it would add an interesting element to the photograph. 



Comments

Popular Posts